12.31.2012

Au revoir 2012

Saying goodbye to 2012 is very bittersweet. It has by far been the best year of my life! I really couldn't have dreamed of a better year! So here's a little recap of this amazefest of a year...

1. February 22, 2012 was a day that has forever changed my life. It was the day we found out I was pregnant. This day was filled with too many emotions to document but definitely happy, scared, nervous, elated. This day began a journey that has forever changed my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. March 5, 2012 was our first ultrasound appointment. I remember being so nervous going in until I saw that little faint flicker on the screen and it was confirmed I was indeed pregnant and we could see our little babies heartbeat. What an incredible feeling! It really became real at this time, holy shit we're going to have a baby on October 19, 2012!

3. After much unrest at my former job where I had been employed right out of undergrad and had worked at for nearly 5 years, I made the extremely difficult decision to make a big change. I took an amazing offer to join the best and largest architectural firm in NM. It was a very scary, exciting and nerve-racking decision but has been one of the best decisions I've made in my career. There are a lot of opportunities for me, new projects and a great team to work with. I feel blessed and fortunate to work for such a great company. They were amazing to me during and now after my pregnancy. This was a HUGE change for me and set the tone for the rest of my year.

3. Our trip to Hawaii for the Crosby wedding. It was so much more than that though. We were able to have our last solo trip before our little bundle of joy would be here later in the year. It was an amazing trip! I got to know Allison, Ernest's sister, a lot better. We were able to share a lot of new, fun, beautiful and exciting things as a new family. The Crosby wedding was absolutely stunning and we were so happy to share in their special day. Amazing trip!

4. We found out we were having a GIRL! I always knew the baby was going to be a girl almost from the very beginning. We had so much fun making our families wait for the big gender reveal. We had them 'vote' on our chalkboard for boy or girl then the big reveal was a cake which was all pink inside. Everyone was so happy and excited! We were over the moon!

5. June 16th, 2012 the day my beat friend asked me to spend forever with him. We've been together for almost 12 years on an off! He took me to one of our favorite spots and popped the question and of course I was elated to say YES! Now to plan a wedding...or maybe a trip to Vegas!!

6. October 6, 2012. THE. BEST.DAY.OF.MY.LIFE. The day Autumn Jane made her debut into this world at 4:28am. Everyday since has been absolutely amazing as we watch our precious girl grow, change and become her own little person. I love her more and more everyday.

7. All year: Our family. Both new and old, our family just got a whole lot bigger as mine and Ernest's become one big family centered around Autumn. Our families are amazing! Including our first, puppy Jack!

While I bid farewell to the best year of my life, 2012, I welcome the exciting adventures we have planned for 2013...a wedding, more firsts for Autumn, her first birthday and mine and Ernest's 30th birthdays, plus much more!! Hello 2013 and Happy New Year!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment