12.08.2012

Maternity Leave or Couch Stay-cation?

Like many other things throughout my pregnancy, birth and beyond, what I had planned and had such high hopes for is falling flat. I thought, while on maternity leave, I would be taking walks everyday, doing my post-baby workouts, organizing the spotless house, having gourmet meals, napping while the baby naps all whilst being mother of the year. FAIL!!! An average days actually gets started around ten, or later, Autumn gets a bath some days and dressed, fed, changed, try to get her to nap, unsuccessful but she's hungry again, repeat above. I'm lucky if I get a shower and even luckier if I can do my hair and makeup before 2pm. ๐Ÿ’Have I eaten yet?! Shit, nope! Nutrigrain bar and time to pump for the umpteenth time and you guessed it Autumn is hungry and pooped again. Exercise? I did once this week and was sore for 3 days! I manage at least one long walk a week, at least. the house is usually a disaster and dinner consists of whatever frozen meal from Costco is easiest to grab. My saving grace used to be the 3 hour nap Autumn used to take. Operative word being 'used'. My little vampire, I mean angel๐Ÿ‘ผ, has decided naps are highly overrated and she'd rather watch mom with black circles under her eyes rummage around the messy house. I hope this is just a growth spurt!!

Anyhow, all my high hopes to be a maternity leave prowess have fallen short. Most days we're planted by the couch watching another episode of fix-my-whatever on HGTV or some made for TV movie on Lifetime. I do however spend quite a bit of time talking with Autumn, singing her silly made up songs because I rarely remember any lyric beyond the title of nursery rhymes, reading books to her, putting cute outfits on her then taking at least a gig worth of pictures of her, watching her nap (see above: refuses to nap except in my arms), feeding her, changing lots of poopy diapys, and pumping- a lot. I wouldn't change the fussiest-poopiest day for anything else! I may not be breaking any productivity records like I thought I would, but I am having a hell of a good time with baby A and trying to savor every cute little moment. Luckily I just got notice I get to take another TWO weeks off to stay with her!!!! I am beyond overjoyed at this news. I love our HGTV all day marathon couch-feeding-pumping-fashion show-photoshoot-concert-cuddleathons!!!! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜









No comments:

Post a Comment