5.24.2013

5 on Friday

I recently found Darci at The Good Life Blog and it's the cutest! So I decided to link up and share my 5 on Friday....

1. I wish it was last Friday again because I went to the Miranda Lambert and Dierks Bentley concert with my momma. Let me just say, it was AWESOME! It was also my first evening away from the babe for some fun and I may have had one too many bottles of fun :/ slow down cowgirl!
Before
After

2. We celebrated Ernest's 30th Birthday on Tuesday, wootwoot! Holy hell, I still can't believe he's 30! I've always wanted to date and older man, haha...at least for a few more months. We took Autumn to our favorite sushi place for the first time. We had so much fun and like usual, the sushi was amazing.
I always drop plates! Time for some new ones asap, maybe plastic...

He was SO embarrassed here after they played THE loudest Japanese song and brought out fried ice cream! Naturally I had to snap a pic!
3. I bought this pool for Autumn last week and was so stoked to use it last weekend. Unfortunately, the weather was hit or miss this week so we improvised by playing with the pool inside. The upcoming forecast is nothing but sunshine! Bust out the pool, sunscreen and beers for this long weekend!

4. The house hunt is in full force! We made an offer on our dream home this week, fingers crossed we get it! The house is a major fixer-upper but we have big plans to make it ours. While we wait impatiently, I'm pinning inspiration shots to my board For The Home. I have a million billion ideas!
I'm obsessed with these gray walls, dark floors and white trim!
5. While on Pinterest I've also been tracking down cute ideas for Autumn's first birthday and photoshoot, which will be here in 4 short months. GASP! It's a good thing we have four months because I cannot decide how I want to do her party, I just know I want to do it up BIG!


Happy Memorial Day!
















4 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Thank you for the sweet shout-out... so glad you link-up! :) And CONGRATS on making an offer on your dream home - that's huge!! It goes without saying, but Autumn is such a doll!! And good job, momma... way to plan WAY in advance for that 1st birthday! It's such a huge milestone - I'm with you and totally wanted to go BIG. This year (Jackson's 2nd birthday is in June), we're just having a very, very low key birthday with immediate family only. I told my hubby that we could either have over the top birthdays for him every year OR send him to college. Haha!! So, I guess we'll alternate years w/ "big" birthdays from now on!

    Okay, I'm rambling. THANK YOU for linking up!!! Hope you'll do the same next week! Happy long weekend.... hope Autumn enjoys that pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!!! I love the link-up idea! It's a great way to meet new mamas! I'm with you on the big birthday thing. It may have to be milestone type birthdays that get the big blowouts and the rest just low key years aka fill up that college fund! It's so easy to go crazy buying them everything and making everything over the top! I have to control myself, lol. Except the 1st birthday, it's gonna be big! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete
  2. Crossing my fingers for your dream home!!! I cannot get over how precious Autumn is! It's never too early to start planning a cute birthday party/photoshoot!

    Happy weekend! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! We are waiting with baited breath to hear about that house! I guess if its meant to be it'll happen! I agree, never too early to start planning a party! However, I'm sure ill still be doing everything last minute like a mad woman as usual :/ Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

      Delete