5.07.2013

7 Months!

We are on the decline to the one year mark. Woah! I can't even wrap my head around that right now! I'm just going to pretend she's still my wee little baby :) #denial

This little girl is acting more like a big girl and less like a baby these days. She is so busy exploring everything around her, grabbing whatever she can get her pudgy little hands on and testing her parents trying new things.

Autumn lately...

Weight: No clue. I'd guess 16.5 pounds. We'll find out at her next appointment in July

Height: No Clue. I'm guessing she's gotten a lot taller based on Ernest's comment the other night 'Wow, she's almost as tall as you!'. Ok, not that tall but she sure has stretched out recently. No doubt in my mind that she'll pass me in no time (not too hard though).

Sleep: It's been off and on. Last week was really rough because she kept waking up at 11-11:30 until 1 or 2. Needless to say we were all a little lot sleepy. Finally she went back to her somewhat normal schedule and either wakes up once for a change and a comfort feeding to fall back asleep. Or she'll wake up between 4:30-6:30 and will sometimes go back down. This weekend we started the transition from swaddle to big girl jammies. The first night- awesome! She flipped right over to her belly and slept like a baby! The other two nights its taken a while longer to get her down but once she's in her crib she's fast asleep.
Big girl jammies!
Taking bed head to new levels
Feedings: She's eating breakfast, lunch and dinner (most days). She loves to eat her fruits and veggies and has started to 'feed herself' aka shoves the spoon in until she gags. Autumn is eating: sweet potatoes, mangos, banana's, apples, avocados oatmeal and...I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff. Her favorite is a sweet potato-banana-apple mash up. We're also giving her Happy Puff's to feed herself in Sweet Potato flavor. She LOVES them (and so does Jack)! We discovered she's still sensitive to dairy when she had a reaction to the Gerber Puffs. Thank goodness it was just minor and some mom intuition was able to pin-point the culprit quickly. The Happy Puffs are great because they're organic, gluten free and dairy free. Watching Autumn trying to eat her puffs or bits of fruit is soooo cute! The puffs stick to her hands and she gets maybe 1 in 10 pieces into her mouth. Jack, on the other hand, makes out like a bandit. BFF's.
Mmmm
Life is rough
Clothes: She's still in some 3-6 month clothes, mostly 6 month and some 6-9 month. I guess I was slacking on clearing out the small stuff and completely omitted an entire section of closet that was 6 month clothes, woops! I could have sworn it was nine month clothes. OH well, it's like she got an entirely new wardrobe last week!
Part of the Autumn Collection- Lost Treasures
This might be my favorite picture of all time! I love her chubby little ballerina legs!! Swoon.

Such a happy girl with Daddy
Playtime: Autumn LOVES standing up! If we're holding her while sitting, she gets super squirmy but if you stand her up she's happy as can be. She is sitting up much better on her own, although sometimes she still gets a little wobbly and topples over. She rolls onto her tummy constantly but still hates it. Last night she made some progress and was getting her knees up under herself. Soon enough she'll be crawling and we'll be running for the hills! I'm not sure we're ready for a crawler, eeeeek!
This is her trying to crawl
Autumn loves being out and about and were definitely venturing to more restaurants with her. We took her shopping and to lunch Sunday and like always she was so well behaved. She still gets scared of ALL her grandpas and screams like they took away her sucker! Girlfriend, be nice, they're the ones who buy the good gifts! Seriously it's a little annoying. Last week she was also little dirty Sally, or at least she wanted to be. I can't even imagine why but suddenly she wanted NOTHING to do with bath time! It was so strange considering she usually loves it. I checked, and re-checked the water, it was fine. I had to just let her cry after the second day. But last night she finally didn't cry when I put her in. I made sure to sing the ABCs, which always calms her, and she was fine. Last week we also went to the park and Autumn went on the swings for the first time. She had the best time! She was squeaking with excitement but started to nod off too, lol.

Post-Partum: I'm still doing the Live Fit program and started the Fast Metabolism Diet (I know, another diet). This one is to reset your metabolism after years and years of dieting. So far, so good. It's a little rough but with a lot of pre-planning it's pretty easy to stick to. I'm a week and a day in and have lost 4lbs. Not too shabby. I'm pretty sure I've lost inches too but I'm getting super toned so I'm hoping that's why the scale hasn't moved as much. Maybe?! I've come to the realization that I need to be more patient with myself. A friend mentioned the other day that the weight may not be coming off as quickly as I'd like since I fairly recently stopped breastfeeding so my body is still adjusting to all the changes. I'm trying to keep that in mind and am mostly just eating really clean, working out and running at least 4-5 days a week.

We're looking forward to a busy week with lots of stuff for jem cakes, my first official Mothers Day (YAY!) and a busy month of May filled with lots of birthdays including a very special one.. the BIG 3-0 for Daddy! Woot woot! (He's not quite as excited as I am. I always wanted to date an older guy, lol!)










10 comments:

  1. She is just so precious! Congrats mommy on making it 7 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!! I can't believe how grown up Declan is! Such a little boy!!

      Delete
  2. Such a cutie! New follower...I loved reading your post because I have a 7 month little boy and I love meeting and reading about friends his age :)
    She is such a cutie!

    www.raisingaross.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha! So glad you stopped by! That's so exciting our littles are the same age! I'll go check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  3. That is some wild hair!! Glad to know I'm not the only one with some crazy baby hair LOL I love it. I love the tutu too!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!!! I think our littles may be long lost crazy haired soul mates! LOL. We've just learned to embrace the craziness and it fits her personality perfectly :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my she is too cute! And I know exactly how you feel. Time goes way too fast with little ones! Our little guy just turned 10 months and I keep on wondering how it even happened! Just found your blog, you guys are adorable! Can't wait to follow along :) Happy Thursday pretty girl!!

    xoxo Jamie
    www.bnjsefcik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jamie! Everyday I think I'm more surprised than the last at how quickly time is going! It feels like I just had her, I'm sure you can relate! Gotta savor ever single moment! Ill check out your blog :D XO

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from the link up! My little lady is seven months as well! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh so glad you found my blog Sara! It's always nice having littles around the same age so the mamas can share notes :) headed to your blod now! XO

      Delete