6.28.2013

5 on Friday

Linking up again with Darci, April, Christina, Natasha for "5 on Friday!"
{one} This summer is sizzling hot! I'm talking, we hit 105 degrees yesterday and broke all kinds of records for the city. Holy hell that's hot! We have been doing everything inside because it's just too damn hot. Autumn's little pool blew away and got holes in it, noooooo! I tried fixing it with duct tape because really, what doesn't duct tape fix?! Well, not this time. So we need a new one stat. I'm going to order her this one that is a little bigger and which we can get in too. The only way to deal with this heat is in the pool!
Note: Need to pull out my Baywatch swimsuit, stat! HA!
Someday, we will have this pool...
 
{two} Is anyone watching Mistresses? Me either (wink,wink). Well if I did watch it, right after Bachelorette (which I must add, Des is not my favorite Bachelorette) of course, I might be hooked. I've always liked Alissa Milano and she's really good in this show. I like all the story lines and it's definitely got us (yes, I 'make' Ernest watch it with me) hooked. I don't, however, care for the name 'Mistresses'. To me, that says a fluezy woman who is having an affair with a married man who buys her ridiculous lingerie. The show really should just be called 'Cheaters'. Maybe the storyline will change in the future. My prediction is the sister hooks up with Savy's husband! Drama!

{three} I think I've misplaced my handbook on how to transition from newborn to infant/toddler!!! They teach you everything about how to have a newborn, which honestly, isn't that hard. But now, we have a wiggly, curious, mobile baby and it's a whole new ball game! Especially once it comes to bath time. She is way too grown up for her usual bath recliner seat thing, so I've just been putting her in the tub with a towel underneath (ghetto) so she doesn't slip around. Well, with her new found crawling, she wants to crawl in the tub! It's like wrangling an alligator (if I knew what it was like to wrangle an alligator). She's slippery, wet and all over the place but luckily doesn't bite me. I inevitably get soaked in this process. I don't know if we just need a new bath or a wet suit??? Suggestions on tubs, tips, etc. are more than welcome!
{four} We are still on the hunt for a house! Still. I swear we should just become realtors because we've looked at every.single.house on the market! We just put in an offer on a house but they didn't accept our offer. Boo. I am getting really frustrated, irritated and impatient with this process. But I saw this quote the other day and it very much applies. Truth.
{five} Costco may very well be our favorite store. We go way more than we probably need to. But who can resist the great prices, products and free samples?! Not us. Autumn loves looking around and 'chatting' with everyone!

Happy Weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. We got a no-slip mat from Target for D. It saved us and it is a little padded. I do suggest some kind of padding for over the drain depending on the type and for the spout...Get a pool big enough for you and Autumn! We just bought one for $8 at Walmart so who cares if the dogs pop it or it blows away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a no-slip mat on Saturday and it worked great! Now, if I could just get her to stop climbing out of the bathtub! We got a great $6 pool at Smiths and I fit in it perfectly with her! :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, I'm not a fan of Des at all!! Thank goodness there is some meat-head drama this year; otherwise, it would be super boring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It looks like the drama will amp up a lot in the next few episodes. Lots of tears will be shed by Des! Thank goodness for meat-heads! haha. Do you watch Mistresses? That has some good drama!

      Delete
  3. All that hair on your sweet girl! I die!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has SO much hair! It's getting really long and crazy. I really don't even know what to do with it! Good thing we have lots of headbands and clips!

      Delete