7.26.2013

5 on Friday

I know every week I say TGIF, but this week I am extra thankful Friday is here. I've been having a rough week and yesterday was even rougher. I forgot my purse and keys to work, nobody there to open the door, had to go back home, was running 30 minutes late as a result and then dropped an entire bottle of nursery water on my pants. It was one of those days where I just wanted to crawl back into bed, pull the covers over my head and not wake up until Friday. And maybe have a drink with a cute straw under that blanket too. Here's to Friday!

Linking up again with Darci, April, Christina, Natasha for "5 on Friday!"

//one// "You can't draw water from an empty well. Take care of yourself and you'll be a better parent." I saw this on The EveryGirl feature 'Lessons in Motherhood' yesterday. As a mom, I think you put everyone else's needs before your own and you run out of time to take care of yourself. You can only work like that for so long. I think it's time for a re-boot for this girl so I can be a better mama, fiance and person.I'm starting this off by hitting up the Luke Bryan concert tonight. Yeehaw!

//two//  I forgot how nice it was to have fun nails. Before I had Autumn, I was briefly selling Jamberry Nails. They're nail wraps applied with heat in super fun colors and patterns. Once she came, mommy-hood took over and I just didn't have time to do my nails. Well a couple weeks ago, I was asked to have a table at a fashion show for the New Mexico Autism Society this Saturday. I put some fun black and white chevron nails onto my toes and will be doing my nails in a cool gray color. So fun!
//three// I really want some nerd glasses. Yup, those thick framed, over-sized, take up your whole face glasses. They're glorious. I will not be talked out of them a second time. Nope.
//four// I made the best cupcakes for a going-away at work today (no, not mine sadly). They are devils food cake with a molten ganache center, chocolate buttercream with roasted hazelnuts on top. Mmm, mmm, mmm. The girl who is leaving is prego and this was her prego request. How I miss those prego craving filled days!
//five// This face makes the worst day immediately slip away. If I could just hold, kiss and squeeze her all day I would. She is the light of my everyday.


4 comments:

  1. I'd kill for those cupcakes and I love that nail design. Do you have a Versona near you? If so, that is where I got my glasses :) xoxxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those cupcakes soooo bad!!! Also, your daughter is precious! I love little kiddos that have lots of hair. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the empty well quote. So very true! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your daughter is precious!
    and those cupcakes look delish!

    have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete