8.20.2013

45 Weeks, Zombie Ramblings

I'm writing this post as a zombie. At least that's how I'm feeling this morning. I was hit with some sort of cold at the end of last week and it's unfortunately still lingering around today. It's more of a ridiculously painful sore throat than anything. At any rate, it's making me feel like a walking zombie. So today is all about Grandpa sweaters, hot tea and sunglasses at my desk so I can sleep. I wish.
Started Friday off right. Mom of the Year award?! Yes!
Because of said cold, our weekend wasn't very exciting or eventful. Saturday, I dragged my sore throat ass to the gym. Since Autumn has been waking up ridiculously early, she was already ready for a nap by 8am when I got home. While her and Ernest were sleeping, I got to work on baby food making. We got a truck load of goodies from our organic farm delivery on Friday...butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, mangos and apples. I only ended up cutting everything because the baby food maker is loud and I didn't want to wake up my sleeping babes.
Once Autumn woke up, we got ready and headed to Ernest's Grandma Barbara's for lunch. They have a farm, basically, so we went exploring for the baby hummingbirds (who had already flown away), saw the teeny-tiniest baby frogs (they were the size of a nickel!) and picked veggies from the garden.
Teeny tiny frogs
Grammy B has a wicked garden! We picked tons of tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, beets, basil, onions and melons. I'm talking bags full of stuff. It was the most I've ever seen come from a personal garden. I was impressed, obviously. Once we finished cleaning everything up, Ernest, Autumn and myself went for a ride on the Rhino. It was so much fun...and relaxing...Autumn fell asleep on that noisy, bumpy little ride! Girlfriend was tired!
Her favorite spot, under the table
For dinner we had pizza and salad. Autumn didn't want anything to do with her food but kept reaching for Ernest's pizza. He gave her the crust of a slice since it was hard and harder to choke on. She LOVED it!!! She went to town on that pizza and ate half of the crust! She even ate a bite of chicken. This may not seem like a big deal but for the pickiest eater, we'll take these small victories!
When I finished making her food on Sunday, it occurred to me...why not just steam everything instead of pureeing it too?! Ding, ding, ding! Why I didn't think of this before is beyond me. I think it may just be in denial that my babe is no longer a little baby! Ha! Well, I gave her some chunks of steamed butternut squash and she ate it all up! I also bought her a cute divider plate from Target. It has anti-slip stuff on the bottom but we could have definitely used some suction cups to hold that sucker in place! Dinner last night consisted of bits of kiwi, apples and a little bit of butternut squash puree. Before I had my revelation to stop mushing all her food, I had already started :( So now I have a bunch of pureed food in the freezer! She's still eating some but not as much. I'm thinking maybe baby smoothies to use all those purees is in order!!
Sunday was Grandpa Eddie's birthday party BBQ. It was delish, as usual! I drove down separately because I left early to see my friend perform in a ballet. It was a super cute James Bond rendition and she totally killed her part! It was a lot of fun! Then it was off to Costco, some lounging around, finished baby food making then Breaking Bad. I was late to jump on the Breaking Bad bandwagon but am totally hooked now! Last week when Autumn was sick, we watched the last season marathon and started watching the new episodes. Since it was filmed in Albuquerque, I love seeing places I recognize! It's a great show, I'm on season 3 on Netflix already! haha.
Guess who was ready for a nap? P.S. We do own a comb.
I'm hoping I get better soon because I have a baseball baby shower cake, a baby shower, a gender reveal party AND a concert...all on Saturday!! Alright, I'm going to go drown myself in cough drops, chamomile tea and face plant into my desk work.


No comments:

Post a Comment