50 Weeks, boxes and wet boots

Oh hello Monday, how I hate thee. After having a long weekend, Monday seems even harder today. Anyhoo, we have a 50 week old baby and that is always exciting!
Sometimes, this is as good a picture as we get
We celebrated by...packing and cleaning! Boo! Originally we were going to Phoenix to hit up IKEA but it just didn't work out. We had some people to meet at the house to get stuff done, lots of packing and a very teethy baby. We didn't think a 7 hour drive with a teething babe sounded like a good idea. next time IKEA, next time.
I was off on Friday which was perfect because I was really productive! I got a ton of stuff packed, thrown and cleaned up. I honestly can't remember what else we did on Friday. I think there may have been a trip to Costco in there somewhere?! Wow, 30 is where your memory really fades! hahaha.We did a lot of packing which inevitably turned into trying everything on!
Autumn's first swaddle. It's a little small...
After an early and chilly morning run on Saturday, we headed to the growers market which is quickly becoming my favorite Saturday morning activity. I went with my mom and friend Alex and the growers market did not disappoint. Except, the gal I was looking for, Miss Charlie Bean, was not there for me to scoop up her adorable blankets. Boo! She has the cutest blankets, bibs, etc. for babies. The fabric she uses is so different and unique. It'd make a perfect baby shower gift. I was also looking for pumpkins but nobody had those either :( OK, so maybe it wasn't the most successful trip. We still had fun.
While Ernest met people at the new house, we went to lunch and had planned on antique shopping. Little Miss was in a mood! We sat down to eat and tornado Autumn came out to play! She was throwing everything on the floor, trying to crawl out of her high chair and barely eating a thing. She was a handful, to say the least. After we finished picking our lunch off the floor eating, we hit up one antique shop while my mom kindly stayed in the car with Autumn as she took a nap. I found a million things I wanted but settled on these adorable rain boots that'll fit her in a year (maybe)! They were too cute to pass up.
We cut our afternoon short so Autumn could get too bed. Poor babe has what looks like THREE teeth coming in up top. I don't blame her for not feeling well. I thought a long nap would help but she woke up cranky still! Oi! We had planned on having a belated birthday dinner of sushi and froyo but decided we didn't want all our sushi to end up on the floor. I insisted froyo was a must and am glad we got it. I got the dulce de leche and pumpkin frozen yogurt with a ton of toppings. SO good!
We had a first this weekend and that was time out time. Is is possible to have terrible two's at 11 months old?! Autumn threw two serious tantrums, one over wanting my fork and the other because I walked into the other room (even though she could still see me). The last few days all she has wanted is for me to hold her. So when I walked into the other room she lost her shit. Serious tantrum...screaming, flailing arms and was completely inconsolable. We decided to put her in her crib for her to calm down. She was calm again after a few minutes. We are in trouble if she's already throwing tantrums! 
I think Autumn's cranky mood started to wear off on me so we thought the best solution was to hitup Dunkin Donuts bright and early Sunday morning. What better way to celebrate the first day of Fall than with coffee and pumpkin donuts?!
Sunday was another productive day of packing, cleaning and errands. I also finished all of Autumn's birthday party decorations! I started to re-finish an old vanity I have. It's pretty worn right now so I thought a nice coat of paint will spruce it up just in time for the new move. Fingers crossed I have enough time to finish it before we move!!
When I was cleaning out Autumn's closet, I found her very first Halloween costume from last year. I just had to try it on her and it still fit! Well a little short in the legs but who cares. It was hilarious!!! We were dying laughing at her crawling around with her dragon claws and tail swinging in the air! Jack was completely perplexed and kept sniffing and chasing the dragon. It's these little moments that make parenthood the absolute best! Check out my Instagram (@jmed21) to see Jack chasing the little dragon!
Sunday night was the Luke Bryan concert, part deux. Since the last show got rained out, Luke was nice enough to reschedule for Sunday. As we were leaving, all these thunderstorm warnings were flashing everywhere. Not again!!! We headed out anyways and my friend said it was all clear at the concert. Once we got there is started to rain so we waited a few minutes. It stopped and looked like we were in the clear. We missed the first set because the line to get in was forever. Apparently everyone had the same idea to wait out the rain. Thompson Square went on and they were good, but really, I was just waiting for Luke. Towards the end of their set, you could see the storms (from multiple directions) coming in. Then bam, rain came! I can handle just rain but then it started lightening really bad and close. The announcers came on and said 'seek shelter immediately, we'll try to finish the show in a while'. Deja vu much?! This time we bolted to the car through what was now a torrential downpour. We were soaking wet and freezing!!! My pretty little boots were filled with water and I was literally drenched through a sweater and a jacket! Stupid storm. We ended up leaving, aka sitting through an hours worth of traffic. I heard he eventually went on stage but not until almost 10. Did I mention this was a Sunday, I'm 30 and had work at 7am this morning?! Ya, we left. I was super disappointed not to see Luke but we were just too wet and too cold to sit through an hour show. Maybe someday I'll see him in concert! Sigh.
Last time, from a porta potty 
So if this Monday couldn't get any better, I was on my way to my final chiropractor appointment from my car accident in July. I was sitting at a red light then BAM! I was plowed by a transport VAN in my rear bumper! Ok, so plowed is a little dramatic but I was definitely rear-ended. Grrrrrr! It was a big van/bus thing that transports people to the casino and apparently he didn't see the red light. Just when I thought I was done dealing with insurance, car repairs and chiropractor appointments. Well I guess I'm just lucky that he didn't hit me hard enough to push me into the very busy intersection during rush hour traffic. Maybe this is a sign I need to trade-in my moving target of a car and upgrade to something else?! Yes!

Well there was our not so exciting but very productive weekend and a Monday that just needs to end. Onto this week of a baby shower, more packing and pumpkin picking for the babes birthday in just two weeks! Ahhhh, pinch me!


  1. Geez, I'm glad you're ok. So scary. And she looks adorable in that costume!