10.02.2013

October Love

Happy October! We're officially in Autumn's birth month which is also my favorite month of all time. In 6 short days my babe will be the big O-N-E!
 
On a side note, I do a lot of work at the hospitals and was going to a meeting yesterday and guess who I ran into?! The surgeon who delivered Autumn!!! We were just passing each other, he looked at me like he knew me and vice versa, it wasn't until he had already passed that I realized who he was. I wanted to chase him down and say 'hey, remember me?!'. I resisted. Then I ran into him again as I was leaving but he was rushing back to the OR's so I couldn't say anything. How funny though! Now if I could run into my doula I'd really be over the moon!

As usual, I digress. What I'm really here to talk about is all the things I love about October, especially this year.

{one} Autumn. Both types of Autumn but in this case, my Autumn. No brainer. Since she was born in October that can be my favorite thing. She is the best thing to ever happen to me, hands down.

{two} Hocus Pocus. I've already been watching this for the past few months but now I can legit watch it without getting funny looks from Ernest. Who am I kidding, he'll still give me a funny look and and usually says 'again?'. I actually went as Winifred one year for Halloween! Autumn and I watched it last night and she was actually paying attention! A Salem lover in the making?! Yes!

{three} Pumpkins. Big, small, little, tall...I just love them all! Ok, super cheesy. But that's how much I love pumpkins. Autumn loves them just as much! Their beautiful orange color, or even white and green, they are just the cutest! Truth, the last picture I took documenting my pregnancy was when Autumn was the size of a pumpkin. A few hours later she was born. I couldn't bring myself to throw that pumpkin out for almost an entire year! It started to get a dark black spot so we decided it was time to part ways before we had a big rotton pumpkin mess on our floors. Autumn truly is our little pumpkin :)
{four} Hot drinks. Bonus if they're served in a festive mug. A PSL tastes so much better on a brisk fall day.
via
{five} The Balloon Fiesta. I love, love getting up super early (ok, I don't love that part), bundling up super warm, eating a breakfast burrito and hot chocolate. We always get some Tom Thumb Donuts too! They are the best. I love walking around and seeing all the happy people, the giant balloons and just taking in the whole ambiance of the event. It's priceless. If you've never been, go. You won't regret it. 

{six} I could go on and on with the many reasons why I love October. Some other top contenders...scarves, boots, leggings, gloves (see a trend?), the changing leaves, crisp air, pumpkin everything, apple everything, getting cozy, knitting (yes, I'm 80), balloon fiesta parties, candy, Parade of Homes, pumpkin carving, Halloween everything, pretty colors, cute cosutmes, orange and black, etc. etc. etc. 
I just love this time of year! 
Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment