10.15.2013

Weekend Recap

'Just Go With It' was our motto for this past weekend. We were supposed to be moved into our new house this weekend. The breaks were put on that when Ernest went to the house Friday morning and it smelled like a chemical lab. Long story short, the guy who was re-staining our floors had to re-do the dining room floors. They were still a bit tacky and the smell was just horrendous come Friday.  As much as I wanted us all to sleep with gas masks on, moving was a no-go. Thankfully we were able to put the move off until this weekend. 

In hindsight it was better. More time for packing, I was able to clean the new house and we were able to enjoy our family photos on Saturday morning. 

Our fam photos were bright and early on Saturday morning. Just when we thought we were done teething, Autumn had a rough night. Poor Ernest was a champ and stayed up with her. Luckily she woke up in a great mood! Here's a little preview from our photos. I'll have the rest up later in the week.
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful...we moved out my very first couch (sniff, sniff)...
we watched the balloons go up one last time. It was obviously very exhausting...
Autumn made a mouth guard from melon...
then played with a muffin tin and Puffs. Which turned into Jacks snack time...
and acted silly while wearing the cutest hat ever!
I began this post yesterday and since then lots has changed. My poor little Grandma (aka Great-Grandma) passed away this morning. While I am very sad to see her go, I know she is in a better place and no longer in pain. She was the glue that held a very large family together. There will be a gaping hole left. But we'll try to remember all the good times, her feisty personality and her undying love for all her family. 

This is our last weekend to move and clean out the old house. So Ernest will be moving solo, well with some friends, but sans Autumn and I while we attend the funeral out of town. Can you say stress times a million? 

As long as we can get Autumns room setup Saturday, so she feels comfortable, then I'll be ok. I'm already worried about moving her and being in a new place, etc. Anyone else moved with a little one?! Tips are welcome! 

I was also supposed to run a 10k Sunday morning. Packet pickup is Saturday (naturally) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick it up in time and of course there's no packet pickup race day. 

All in all, I'm just rolling with all of this because it's out of my control at this point. There's nothing more I can do cuz sometimes, life just happens. So I'll be saying a big ole prayer for my family, that the move goes well, Autumn adjusts to the new place and that I can run Sunday!

Now, someone pour me a drink!  






No comments:

Post a Comment