11.21.2013

A Woodland Baby Shower

This past weekend I threw my besties baby shower. Stacy and her husband, Brad, will be welcoming a baby boy at the beginning of the year (or December 31st if Brad gets his way! haha). Stacy let me have full reign over the theme and everything else. Naturally, I went wild!
I wanted a theme that was masculine without having blue everything. I'm so in love with all the woodland creatures that have been filling the stores and thought it'd make the cutest boy baby shower theme. I started with this simple and cute invite from Etsy.
Via
From there, I went all Pinterest crazy and pulled some of my favorite ideas with a few others from around the web.
{food/drinks}
I wanted some simple but good food that would be easy to re-fill and wouldn't get cold.We had some sandwiches, Chick-fil-A nuggets, crackers and dips, pasta salad and other small appetizers.

Some mason jars, washi tape, water and fresh cranberries created the perfect accent to the food table
 And a 'moss' ball. A green onion cheese ball covered in parsley. It was delish!
For drinks, I made this drink we always have at family parties, it doesn't actually have a name, but it's just lime sorbet with Sprite poured over it. It's so simple and absolutely delish! It foams up when the Sprite is added which went perfectly with the woodland theme.

We also had a hot cocoa bar! This was one of my favorite parts of the party. I used a CrockPot recipe for the actual hot cocoa. (A note to this recipe, it takes far longer, about double the time, for the chocolate to melt than the recipe actually calls for. I also added more milk because it was too rich.)
I used these super cute tin buckets with chalkboard labels and some glass bowls with chalkboard labels I added to set out the crushed peppermint, candy canes, marshmallows and straws. There was also whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, oh my. The cups were just simple ones from Party City so I fancied them up with a fox stamp. It added just a little something more. The birch straws went perfectly with the decor too!

{desserts}
There were two types of cupcakes...lemon with blueberries and red velvet, both with cream cheese frosting. The red velvet cupcakes were made to look like mushrooms by adding a white chocolate chip upside down. The other ones were an earthy green with some pine cone toothpicks. We also had chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered pretzels. Simple but oh so yummy!
 {decor}
I really lucked out in the decor department because all the woodland decor was already out! Most of the woodland creatures were from Target. I also used some burlap, mason jars, kraft paper and bunting leftover from Autumn's birthday.
I made some bunting of the babies name and another banner with some prints I did. I found a plaid pattern, the deer head and made this 'Oh, Boy' banner. I love how it turned out!

One of my favorite pieces are the baby's initials 'C.P.J.' covered in moss. I bought the moss and cardboard letters at Hobby Lobby and simply glued the moss onto the letters. The best part, these can be used in the nursery too!
 My mom made this adorable baby album (with a cute woodland print!) to add wishes for Baby Chase. All the guests filled out their wish list and placed it inside the book. Stacy did something similar for me at my shower and I LOVED going back and reading what everyone wrote. It was such a special memory from that day! (Somehow these pictures didn't download, I will update when I get pics).

{favors}
As a 'thank you' gift to all the guests, they received a mason jar filled with marshmallows, a Hershey bar and graham crackers to make s'mores.


I originally got the idea of s'mores in a jar from Jess at Little Baby Garvin. I then added a tag stamped with 'thank you' and tied on with twine. Another IG friend gave me the idea of adding heating instructions. I printed them with a plaid pattern and some simple heating instructions if you don't have a fire. Although, a fire is still the only best way to make s'mores!
In all our excitement of the shower, nobody took any other pictures! We have lots of gift opening and not much else. #oops

Taken after I had already changed into my scrubby clothes, lol
 We had a wonderful time with the mama to be, eating, visiting, laughing and celebrating Mr. Chase. I can't wait to meet my little 'nephew' to be!











2 comments: