1.16.2014

Vegetarian Toddler, Part II

I rely heavily on smoothies to get Autumn some of her fruits and veggies. They're the best of both worlds, I have peace of mind that she's getting what she needs and Autumn absolutely LOVES them! 
I stock up on our veggies and frozen fruit from Costco. Huge time/money saver. You can usually find everything organic there too, bonus! Smoothies are a perfect opportunity to add in vitamins/supplements too, such as a probiotic or other liquid vitamins that I discussed here because the taste is masked by the yummy fruit and veggies. These recipes are super simple, are enough for both of us and can be made in less than five minutes. With a toddler, that's key!!

//one//
whole banana, orange and 1 cup of soy milk, probiotic powder

//two//
Banana, 1 cup frozen mango chunks, 1 cup soy milk, 1 handful of spinach (I swear
you don't taste the spinach!)

//three//
Banana, 1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 cup soy milk, 1 tbsp almond butter, handful of spinach.
Doesn't this look like the Pantone color this year? #radiantorchid
Some smoothie recipes I flagged to try are:

//one//
avocado, spinach, coconut yogurt, banana, frozen mango, frozen peaches and soy milk. 
I'm not too sure how this one would go over with my picky little eater. But that's one healthy punch of a smoothie! The original recipe can be found here.

//two//
I found this recipe but am going to adapt it like this:
1 cup frozen cherries, 2 tbps almond butter, 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 banana, chocolate soy milk.
I like the creaminess banana's give and usually make that swap instead of sugary yogurt.
Via
This table is also a great resource to try new smoothies
via

Autumn loves to eat her smoothies with a...fork?! In her Dad's Captain America shirt. Sitting cross legged on the counter. Totally normal.
Don't worry, I was standing right next to her so she wouldn't fall :)
What are your favorite smoothie recipes?

3 comments:

  1. We rely on smoothies too. Add Greek yogurt in there for extra protein :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELICIOUS!!! Our personal favorite is a scoop of peanut butter, banana, protein powder, handful of spinach, cocoa powder and the unsweetened vanilla almond milk! So yummy! Adults and kiddos LOVE it! I love that A is a little veggie lover! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm, sounds delish! I'll have to try that combo! What protein powder do you guys use?

      Delete