2.26.2014

It got me

It started about two weeks ago with a nagging sinus headache and overall congestion but I never fully got sick.
Saturday is when it really started. I took Autumn for her first haircut at her great Grammys salon. I knew she'd do great since she loves being there. And she did! 
What a big girl! Her hair turned out great!!
 Then we got home and tried playing 'read mama a bedtime story while I nap on your rug'. She totally bought it.
Then she gave me a back massage...
 My parents came to visit and I got a few coats of primer and paint on my vanity. 
Just with primer
Then, We had the rare opportunity (like the 2nd time since Autumn was born) to have a baby sitter (my parents) for the whole night and go out. Woohoo! All I could think of was sleep. Autumn is popping two giant sized teeth so she hadn't been sleeping well and we'd been up from 1-4 the past few nights. I decided to try my best to go out and have fun. Fun we did have watching our local basketball team beat a #6 seeded team (had to throw that in) with some friends. It was great seeing everyone and we were having a great time! But then I started coughing more and more and just generally didn't feel good but I pressed on. We went out, stayed up longer than I have in years (without a baby attached) and had some fun with friends. I was a bit of a Debbie downer despite my best efforts. Wompwomp. 

Sunday morning hit and I felt like I was run over by a freight train. No it wasn't a hangover, sadly. I was only able to down two drinks all night. A hangover that does not make. I had a sore throat, terrible sinus headache, body aches and a cough from hell. I got up around 8:30 and started doing all the grand things I had planned while we were still kid free. Marvelous things like cleaning the kitchen, playroom and living room. Some laundry, I wanted to finish painting the vanity I started, go buy hardware, enjoy some coffee. I got thru half of the kitchen and had to call it quits. Crawled back in bed where I remained until my parents rang the doorbell at 12:15. 

The rest of the day was miserable. I decided there was no way I could go to work. Woke up the same train wreck because it was hard to sleep with the pounding headache and cough. Ernest took Autumn to his moms so I could rest. Thank goodness. I finally mustered up enough energy to get myself to urgent care. The wait was forever!! I waited for an hour just to get taken to triage. I was tempted to flee but had already paid. What's worse, my phone died mid wait!!! Noooo!!! 

As I was having a tissue pity party, this youngish very stylish couple, about our age, walked in and I was thinking 'get in line sister, you don't look that sick'. Then I overheard her saying she'd been having chest pains on and off and broke down and started crying. Her husband was so sweet trying to console the unconsolabe. It must have been very serious because they took her in after just a few minutes. My heart broke for them. They both looked terrified. I couldn't even imagine going thru that type of fear so early in life. Dear lady, I pray that it was nothing serious and that whatever it is, they can treat it easily. :( 

Finally I was taken back. The doctor listened to my breathing and was a bit concerned. He did a few other tests and I was having a pretty hard time breathing. Luckily I was narrowly missing having pneumonia (thank God!) but I had really bad bronchitis that was basically giving me an asthma like attack and restricting my airways. That explained why I had zero color and was so lethargic. I don't usually go to urgent care cuz they rarely tell you anything of value. But something kept telling me to go and wait it out. So glad I did. They gave me a strong steroid to help open my airways and a breathing treatment too. I was there another hour an a half for the treatment and then they had to monitor my vitals. My blood pressure was high from the treatment which makes you feel like you're on Walter Whites blue stuff (what I imagine it'd be). So I had to keep waiting until I could be released. Finally I was able to go home with a bunch of prescriptions in hand. 

Finally after getting my meds, 6.5 hours later, I was able to rest. That stuff was still coursing through me making it impossible to sleep and all I kept doing was sweating like I just ran a marathon. Sexy huh?
From all the meds, they are keeping me wide awake but the cough isn't any better. I've only managed to get about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours. Rough! I'm planning on going to work tomorrow since I have zero vacation left after staying home with Autumn a few weeks ago when she was sick. Man, this cold season has not been kind to us!

Here's hoping I get a good nights rest and feel well enough to go to work!! Sorry for the long winded post, I've had a lot of free time on the couch...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, here's to wishing spring would come already! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete