2.03.2014

Our Weekend

My little family is FINALLY feeling better!!! I'm so glad to have them back to their normal silly selves.

We celebrated Friday night by having a dance party to Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson on YouTube. My babes LOVE to dance! 
Saturday, we stayed out of the cold and windy weather and just hung out at home. Although Autumns feeling better, she's had a nasty cough. Call me super paranoid Mom but I just don't want to take her out until she's 100%. We cuddled up on the couch, watched cartoons...
drew on the chalkboard...
played with her hair...
knit and crocheted...
and ate ice cream...
This kid definitely has our sweet tooth! I had to put the ice cream away so she wouldn't eat anymore!

Sunday, also known as 'I hate to grocery shop' day, I did all our shopping while Ernest and Autumn went to breakfast at the fams. I needed some much needed time to pickup the house, grocery shop and food prep. I'm convinced that Costco, Whole Foods, Sprouts and Trader Joes all need to get together and create one store! Oh the time I would save! There are some things I like better at Sprouts, like their cinnamon bread and produce, but Whole Foods has more options and Trader Joes, well I like their arugula and hummus. It's so silly to do this grocery store shuffle!

Once I was done pulling my hair out shopping, I made a bunch of food for Autumn that can be easily re-heated for the week. There was veggie pasta, sweet potatoes, steamed green beans and egg rolls. 
I found this vegetarian egg roll recipe and just had to try it. They crisped up so nicely in the oven (with about double the time) but unfortunately the filling was pretty dry. I've had to cut out cheese from Autumn's diet per doctors orders so I only added very little which is probably why they were so dry. She didn't mind though...she gobbled them right up! I even had some with soy sauce and they were great! I'm thinking of some other fillings I could make egg rolls with, hmmm...
We got invited to a few Super Bowl parties, but since my super paranoid self didn't want to take Autumn out, we went to my parent's house instead. Seriously, the flu has been so bad here. Anyways, we had good food, good laughs and a good game halftime show. How awesome was Bruno Mars?! Autumn danced to every song!! Bruno Mars always reminds me of my BFF Destany and her little girl Deegan. Deegs belts out every.single.word to every Bruno Mars song. It's the cutest! Makes me miss them so much. I think a trip to Colorado is an order!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! And don't forget to enter for your chance to win a Valentines garland at Farmer and the Bell!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog today through another blogger and I am so glad that I did! :) I cannot wait to read along...and am your newest follower! :) Your little one is seriously precious!!! <3

    Breanna
    www.countingblessings-blog.com

    ReplyDelete