5.06.2014

Happy May!

We kicked May off to a great start this weekend! A birthday party on Saturday, Mother's Day photos on Sunday and a little afternoon gardening too.
We went to celebrate our friend's babe turning the big numero uno on Saturday. First, I had to take Jack for shots (followed by a Puppacino) while Autumn helped Ernest with some yard work and took a long nap. She was rested and ready to party. That we did. 
We had so much fun seeing old friends, new babies and watching Autumn play and have a blast. Our friends little girls absolutely adored Autumn and were carrying her around like a little doll and feeding her ice cream. Girlfriend was running on a total sugar rush by the end of the day. We tried taking pictures of the two babes but neither would sit still for two seconds. Next time! 
Sunday rolled around and Autumn was in full on grump mode. We both caught another cold or allergies, who knows.. Seriously, how on this green earth does that keep happening?!?! She had been fighting something last week which we thought was just teeth but then Saturday she started getting a cough and Sunday it was a runny nose. I thought mine was allergies (which I think it started off as) but now it's a stupid cough, again. UGH! We can't catch a break in the cold department. I decided we're just going to live in a bubble from here on out!

Anyways...grumpy. She would not let me put her down for anything. I needed to get dressed, so I put her by this box of old jewelry and such because she loves playing with it. In the time I pulled my shirt over my head, she had managed to pull my jewelry case down (which is next to that box)! It scared the crap out of both of us. Luckily, she was fine and didn't have so much as a scratch on her, but it was definitely not cool. Poor babe. After lots of tears, we somehow managed to get out of the house.

We had our photos in the afternoon at this school by the bosque. It was gorgeous and super cool! There were so many things to keep Autumn entertained like ducks, dogs and tons of sticks. We ended up having a great time and I cannot wait to see our final pictures!

We did a little gardening once we got home. I finally saved up enough eggs for our sprouts. Autumn was so good helping me and filling up the eggs with soil. Until she decided to pour a giant cup of soil onto my shoe and crushed two of our eggs with her hands. Gah! Miraculously it was naptime after that :)
We had such a great time with friends, family and especially our babe. She is definitely keeping us on our toes at all times!!

1 comment: