7.09.2014

Our Weekend + 4th of July

Our 4th of July was a little less traditional than years past, but nonetheless fun. We started Thursday night off playing outside with colored bubbles and letting Autumn run around looking like a festive little firecracker.
Cousin 'Toria painted her piggies patriotic
I took her to my parents house where we lit sparklers for her and played outside. Then, on the way home, I got caught in a crazy thunderstorm that forced me to take shelter at a gas station. It was cray!!

We're taking Autumn on her first lake trip this coming weekend and it'll be her first time on a boat. We wanted to make sure we are on top of our boating game so we headed to the lake on Friday. Solo. Well Ernest's sister and cousins came with us but Autumn got to spend the day hanging out with my parents. We figured it'd be way too hot for her and hard for just a day trip, plus it was super crowded and the water was pretty choppy. Pretty much, we wanted to feel comfortable with the boat again since the last time we went I was pregnant which was 2 years ago! There was a bit of a learning curve...

Lesson 1: Always, always wear sunscreen! I have to admit that I'm horrible about wearing sunscreen. It's not that I forget so much as I want a glorious bronze tan. I really needed a tan so I didn't put any sunscreen on. I know, I know, awful. Well I more than payed for it. Not only did I not put sunscreen on, I also forgot I'm on a very strong dose of antibiotics to get rid of a lingering sinus infection. Long story short, I am  50 shades of lobster. Blistering, don't breath on me, get me out of my skin sunburn. No sympathy deserved.

Lesson 2: Never, ever jump off a boat. I was going to get the truck and trailer to load up the boat, the boat bounced off the dock, I thought I was a gazelle and jumped from the boat. The second my foot left the boat I knew it was bad. It was. I hit the dock, landed in the water, truck keys in hand, trying desperately not to fall in with the keys. Some very kind soul helped me up onto the dock. I have a bruise that goes the length of my body and a bruise the size of Texas on my ego. Major facepalm.

So ya, the lake was lots of fun, until it wasn't. Once we got home, I powered through so we could take Autumn to see fireworks by our house. By 8:30pm they still hadn't gone off, Autumn was tired and cranky and so were we. By 9pm we called it a night and went to bed. Lame.
Mom, really? Another picture? #overit

Saturday and Sunday I waddled around covered in aloe and bruises and not feeling very well. Luckily I had an excuse to stay home since I had to finish all my Brickyard Buffalo orders. They're almost all out the door, yay!

We managed to get out of the house Saturday night and headed to my Aunt and Uncles house to watch the UFC fights. Autumn had an absolute blast! She splashed her feet in the hot tub, danced in the rain, and showed off her mad yoga skills! She was the life of the party and ate up every sweet second of it. Autumn stayed up way past her bedtime and crashed hard in the car then slept in until almost 8:30am! Total win!

The rest of the weekend was just our usual shenanigans, lots of aloe and yarn. I am SOOO excited for this coming weekend! We'll be taking Autumn for lots of firsts this weekend...first lake trip, boat trip and camping experience. I can't wait for her to play in the sand, take her swimming and eat lots of s'mores!

Last night we celebrated my Dad's birthday. We had so much fun with our silly girl. We taught her to say 'Hap brrday Papa!'. Absolute, freakin cutests thing on earth!
Band-aid obsessed. 

Happy Birthday Dad!

Now back to wishing it was the weekend and lake time!


No comments:

Post a Comment