11.14.2014

Friday 5: Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes

I know this may upset some and it's pretty much sacrilege, but I've been looking for some semi-healthy Thanksgiving recipes. I want stuff I can take to our family's house and not feel like the turkey myself at the end of the day. I still want that savory goodness but with a healthier note. So my round-up of some 'healthier' T-day choices (don't hate me). 

//one//
I'm in charge of taking the green bean casserole this year. Instead of using mystery can of something soup, I found this homemade version that isn't loaded with the nasty stuff. 
Via
//two//
Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad. I love a good salad and this one sounds like it fits the bill with fresh Autumn flavors!
//three//
Creamy Fruit Salad. It's basically dessert, yum!
Via
//four//
Ok, so this one may the most out there. But really, it sounds pretty good. And requires no actual baking, win. 
 Vegan Pumpkin Pie
//five//
And for the day after leftovers, a turkey cranberry sandwich! Sign.me.up. This one is super healthy too with a sweet potato 'bun'. 
Via
I think we may need to taste test these recipes before Thanksgiving, you know in the name of research for the blog and all ;) 

Happy Friday!! Oh, and don't forget to enter the giveaway for a $30 store credit to my shop and a $35 Starbucks card over on September Farm!

And now I'm linking up with everyone....


Oh Hey Friday with September Farm and The Farmer's Wife!

1 comment:

  1. UMM YUM!!! Those all look so good! Especially the leftover one, because that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete