11.21.2014

Oh, hey Friday

Friday, meet my excitement. Hello!

//one//
Have you heard of Goody Goody Giftswap? Somehow I stumbled upon this last year and it was so much fun that I'm doing it again. Basically you sign up and are paired with someone and you exchange gifts. It's like secret Santa meets pen pal except there are some amazingly creative people on this list. It's a little humbling actually, but super fun. I 'met' the sweetest lady last year and hope to meet someone equally as sweet.
Via
//two//
This scarf. Enough said.
//three//
My pine scented candle obsession lives on. I went to Home Goods the other day and found these WoodWick candles that smell amazing. What really got me is they crackly as they burn. Sold! So basically our house smells like a crackling pine forest at all times. #normal

//four//
Elf on the Shelf. Last year I spent far too much time looking at all the crazy, silly and sometimes inappropriate things (think elf with a Barbie stripper) parents were doing with their kid's Elf. Try as I might, Ernest just wasn't into entertaining me by looking for the Elf at 6am each morning so I could see his reaction. Well this year I think Autumn is old enough to get the whole hoopla and I can't wait! We're going to pick up the book and elf this weekend so we can start reading it before her Elf starts reporting back. Do you do Elf on the Shelf? Funny ideas?

//five//
I saw this advent calendar on [the good life blog] last year and knew I wanted it once Autumn was older. Each day has a scripture and advent activity. So I searched it down on her blog this year but it wasn't for sale. So in total creeper mode I emailed OliviaJuneDesigns and she re-listed the advent calendar. We will still use our big wooden advent calendar (trying to figure out what to put in there) but will also read one of these scriptures per day and maybe do some of the activities. It's so easy to get caught up in the hype of Christmas, but I want Autumn to learn the true meaning of Christmas and not just the commercialized version. I hope she'll be as excited as I am about it!
Cheers to Friday!

And now I'm linking up with everyone....


Oh Hey Friday with September Farm and The Farmer's Wife!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Goody Goody Gift Swap, Just signed up!! can't wait.. Hope you had a wonderful weekend
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete