12.16.2014

We're Alive

...but just barely! Kidding! But seriously, I feel like I've been living in a cave (known as home) for the last two weeks. I have been as busy as one of Santa's elves making things and shipping them out. Except this elf cusses a lot, drinks way too much coffee and has Netflix marathons. Whatevs. 
Life lately...

We went to a friends party and then watched the Christmas parade. It was so much fun and Autumn had a blast! She danced the whole parade! Can't stop, won't stop! 
A couple weeks ago I had a holiday party for Sometimes Sweet Studio. It was a huge hit! It was so chill...just coffee with the girls, chatting and shopping. My mom is my life savor and helped me setup and run the party. We had appetizers, a mimosa bar and coffee bar. Remember how I had high hopes for these brie-raspberry bites? Well they were a huge Pinterest fail. I was running late by the time they needed to get in the oven so I just winged it. How hard can 3 ingredients be? Apparently really hard because they looked nothing like the pictures! But they still tasted awesome. Next time!


 
 
 
The party was such a success and as a result I have been non-stop working on orders from the party along with Etsy orders that keep coming in! I could pretty much sum up life lately in three words: yarn, wood, package. Boom!
My messy office area. #reallife
In other news, we celebrated my Mom's birthday this weekend with brunch and family time. We had cinnamon rolls, quiche, bacon, hashbrowns, pineapple and mimosas. She is seriously the most amazing woman ever! Happy Birthday Mom!
We've tried to have some festiveness in our lives between our busy work schedules and Etsy stuff. I bought some Christmas sheets that are the softest sheets I've ever slept on! We also took Autumn to see Christmas lights and within 10 minutes she was passed out cold! We drove around anyways and saw this awesome house that had music synced to the lights. Amazing! Autumn finally woke up and I said 'You missed all the lights baby!' Her: meh. LOL! Little stinker! We're going to have to have round 2 sometime this week.
Dweezle has been making an appearance here and there. She's really not interested unless he brings gifts
I'm nearly done with all orders then it's Christmas celebrations from there on out. We have a gingerbread house to decorate (which btw, Target has the house already made so you can just decorate. Brilliant!), Christmas cookies to bake, wrapping to do, shopping (OMG, still! eek!) some holiday parties and so much more!

Last, but certainly not least...THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all of the Etsy support!! Every order makes my little heart jump with joy! I get to do something I love and (hopefully) make someone else happy in the process and that's just the best thing ever! Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment